Stephanie Sauer serves as a Managing Attorney at the Firm, and is dedicated to serving as an advocate for her clients, supporting them with honest feedback and helping determine the best path forward. Stephanie’s background is a mix of public service—working for Legal Aid—and private practice. She has worked exclusively in the area of family law, including divorce, child custody and visitation, child support, alimony and adoption law. Stephanie excels in highly contested custody and divorce matters.
Prior to joining DiPietro Family Law Group, Stephanie worked in family and adoption law in Fairfax County. Through past experiences, she has gained a wealth of knowledge and is a skilled litigator. She is determined to find the best possible solution for her clients no matter the scenario. She is also passionate about and dedicated to helping clients adopt children and expand their families.
Stephanie is a member of the American Bar Association (ABA), Virginia State Bar (VSB), Northern Virginia Women Attorneys Association (NVWAA), Fairfax Bar Association (FBA) and the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA). She also serves on the Fairfax Bar Circuit Court Judicial Screening Committee where she evaluates candidates seeking appointment to the Fairfax Circuit, General District and Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Courts.
Stephanie participates in Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs to stay current on developments in the family law practice. She is a graduate of George Mason University with a Bachelor of Arts and New England Law in Boston.
- American Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Virginia State Bar (Family Law Section)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association (Northern Virginia Chapter)
- Fairfax Bar Association
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in Virginia, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in Virginia, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2015
- Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2015, 2016
- Washington DC Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2015
- Top Contributor Award, Avvo, 2013
- Fairfax Bar Circuit Court Judicial Screen Committee Member, 2015